The Citylink Tulla Widening (CTW) is a $1.28 billion dollar upgrade to the Westgate and Tullamarine Freeways. CPB Contractors have been engaged as the principal contractor for the 15.8 km stretch between Power Street in Southbank and Bulla Road in Airport West.
Gertzel Engineering Surveyors has been contracted to be the principle supplier of survey for this section of the project.
The project is set to include:
- Extra lanes on the Bolte Bridge
- A new lane on the West Gate Freeway (eastbound) between Bolte Bridge and Power Street
- Construction of a new Bell Street to Pascoe Vale Road connection, including a new bridge over CityLink and the Craigieburn train line
- Two new dedicated lanes to Bell Street, from the Tullamarine Freeway and Calder Freeway
- Improvements to the Flemington Road/Mt Alexander Road interchange
- The installation of a new Freeway Management System
Construction on the project started in October 2015 and is scheduled to be completed in 2018.
- Citylink Tulla Widening
- Melbourne, VIC
- CPB Contractors (Formerly Leighton Contractors)
- 2015 - Present